Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not even sure what this is

Something was making a terrible noise in the kitchen at about 7:30 tonight...I went in and saw this insect on its back flapping its wings like crazy trying to get over. I'm not even sure what it is but you can see the wing span is pushing several inches long. I don't know if it had a stinger or not, but if yes, it would practically be a screwdriver. I mata toto'd that thing and it eventually died. Pretty gross.

Not so gross is two pictures of the kids I snapped today. When we were at Pequeno Mondo a while ago Christy mentioned that she wanted to get Sammy a backpack for his stuff at school. I rolled my eyes for a while but eventually caved and I am happy I did. Seeing a two year old boy with a backpack on is pretty cute. Seeing one with his sister's arm around him is priceless.

My closing thought for the day....about once every two days you hear some car driving down the street with a megaphone attached to it blaring some message. Sometimes it is an advertisement, sometimes it is a public announcement and sometimes something else. However, everytime to me it sounds like the Germans telling me to 'Put down your weapons....we will not harm you'

If you think that is funny and want to laugh like I do, click the link and listen for yourself. I actually got one walking home today from class. Thank goodness I had my digital recorder for Phonetics.

For the record, this message is actually about selling eggs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ew.that's one icky looking bug.