Sunday, May 11, 2008

No longer babies

I had one of those moments today. One of those 'my little kids are no longer my little babies moments...' Can you believe it? Sammy is only about 2 and Lizzy about 4 and I am already starting with these. Just two simple things today specifically....

I got Lizzy out a new toothbrush - nothing fancy. On the handle is a little face with a smiling character on it. She said...'Wow! Thanks dad! I realllly like this toothbrush. It is really cool!' My daughter is old enough now to use many many slang terms. She may know more than me. Another example...'Dad, I'm sitting on my bare bum now - I just used the potty...'. Who taught her to say bare bum? Did we move to Britain?

Starting yesterday Sammy can now count up to ten in Spanish as well as saying 'Hola' and 'Chow' without being prompted. He was just in our play room / office this afternoon and he came up to me and said 'Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, Quatro, Ocho...' and started doing something else then.

Absolutely amazing - they grow up so fast.

No comments: