Monday, May 5, 2008

Josh was wrong again

I've got it from two sources - the anonymous post and my security guard that the noises are not gun fire (although I still say it still sounds like a small rifle). The post calls them bombas and Hector called them bombitos. My AltaVista Babel Fish translator said fireworks are called 'feugos artificiales', to which Hector said 'No no no no no'. Thanks AltaVista. I'm betting that those in the tower of Babel would not have made such a mistake - at least not until the tower was destroyed and people scattered.

Thanks for the concern about Elizabeth everyone - she seems to be doing much better! The only problem now is that she hates the medicine we have to give her. Although I do not think it is great to mix antibiotics with dairy and/or other products - we just had to. She gets loaded fresa tang in the morning and loaded milkshakes in the evening - and we do not have to listen to complaining. Parenting 101. Its the second class just behind parenting 100 - bribery.

Did anyone notice how I just threw in a Spanish word up there? I'm practically fluent. Speaking of that, class starts for us on Wed! Pray that our ears and minds will be open to learning the language. I'm sure they had to create a beginning-low-remedial-are you kidding me-you are so dumb class for me - but I'm going to try my best.

No comments: