Saturday, July 5, 2008

Please Rain Today

I find myself praying for rain this morning. Its not that Costa Rica is in a severe 20 year draught though. Nor does Costa Rica have raging wildfires that need to be quenched. Nope, I simply want to go out to my courtyard and take a shower. Starting on Thursday morning we lost water. Luckily it came back on for a little bit in the evening so I was able to take a shower after 2 hours of soccer. We woke up Friday morning to no water again. its now Saturday morning and we still have no water. I'd be concerned that our water was just shut off at our house (that has happened before too), but I know of many other houses in a several block radius who have no water as well.

I rate water like electricity in that you don't really know what you have until it is gone. And, given that the temperature it pretty mild down here, I'd even put it above electricity (e.g., I'd rather lose my power here than my water). We can't drink water, we can't shower, we can not clean dishes, we really can't cook because of a) no dishes b) you often need water to clean up and c) we need water to bleach much of the food we eat. Bummer.

Water, come back, we miss you.

No comments: