Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Good news all over

The first good news is that we got water back on Sunday early in the afternoon. I think the entire city of San Jose breathed a sigh of relief when the first trickle started pouring out. Although because many got their water back almost 12 hours before others, there was some mild water envy going on for sure. We were able to get showers, clean up the dishes, clean up the house and make a good meal on Sunday evening which was a blessing after feeling pretty gross most of the weekend. Some students at school were joking that they had beards because of the no water - I can't grow one so I felt a bit left out. None the less, I've attached some pictures to let you know how I feel about my long-time but recently reaquainted friend Mr Water.

More great news is that Elizabeth told me that she was not going to be bad anymore - but rather - she would be kind to her brother and good all day. What a blessing - I'm always wondering how best to parent her through example and through teaching - when all I had to do was ask her to be good. In all seriousness , she is a pretty awesome 3 year old so I could not ask for anymore - but that unprovoked (I think) comment from her made a) Laugh hard (not to her face) and b) Feel pretty good that she really is trying so hard to do what is right and make mom and dad happy.

Lastly,Christy and I have both been doing well in school with our grades, but more importantly we feel like we are really making progress with speaking too - and yes there can certainly be a disconnect between those two. We have lots of practice time talking with Roxana and others on the street or in stores.

No comments: