Monday, July 21, 2008

Little glimpses of the past...

It seems to me that sometimes when I am missing the U.S. more than usual, little things that made me laugh back there often cheer me up. Today was one of those days. Believe it or not, it was not the 'Chuck Norris is so...' email that circulated back maybe 3 years ago - I'm saving that one for another day. Today, rather, it was an email that my brother sent me maybe....hmm....seven years ago that I cried when I watched it. At the risk of losing more prayer supporters I'll embedded it below. You have to use my lense. I grew up playing Ikari Warriors, Street Fighter (I,II,III, Hyper, Versus Capcom, IV, Super Hyper, etc) and also other competition martial arts style games. This little short makes fun of everything that was both stupid and unfair about those games, and thus, makes me laugh. This game actually looks about as fair as the original Star Wars Return of the Jedi arcade game for those of you that can think back that far. I'm thinking specifically when you are flying on your vehicle through the forest after the imperial storm trooper - yeah, thats right - crazy hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read the Chuck Norris one the other day...so funny.