Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another week in paradise

Generally, a slow week except for the following:
1. Sammy got a fever right before his birthday
2. Christy got Pink-Eye on Thursday
3. I caught a cold this morning
4. Someone t-boned our car back in the states (in a parking garage!)
5. Someone hit my van on Saturday here in Costa

However, I want to turn a new leaf and be positive too:
1. Sammy had a great birthday
2. We had a date on Saturday as one of our friends watched the kids. It was nice to sit in peace and talk some without having our ears yelled in or me having to say, 'No no no no no no no'
3. Our landlord fixed the shower in our bathroom on Saturday
4. The person who t-boned my car in the US admitted guilt so it makes it easier with insurance
5. The person who hit my car here damaged his fender, but luckily only hit my tire which was fine

Besides all that happenings, things are good. I happen to have a lot of pictures so I've posted them all at once below here. The slideshow was an easier route, but if you want any individual pictures you should be able to pull them directly off the online photo album. If you have a slow internet connection or worse yet a dial up, this post will kill you. Sorry.

Lizzy gets more girl every day. She constantly talks about painting her nails or dressing up. In this short video, Christy has dressed her up with the new play silks and made her into a butterfly princess. Lizzy was pretty pumped. As a guy from an all-guy family, I don't get it.





Sammy's birthday was last week, he had a great time. We were hyping it the whole week before - so when July 16th finally rolled around, he was pretty excited. Christy, as usual, made the day very special with cake and many fun homemade gifts. I got him a soccer ball that had Nemo on it, but I had already given it to him the month before so they kids had two balls to play with instead of just one. Roxana got him a cute outfit and also a toy car that moves and signs on its own. I hope it runs out of batteries soon.



Christy did not go to school on Friday because she had to go to the hospital to get her eye checked out. We thought Lizzy might have pink eye too (was a little red and she was rubbing it). Thankfully, she did not. She enjoyed the day because she got to stay home from school and play with mom and Roxana.



Here are some shots we snapped this morning just for fun. Its a lazy day now. I am sick and Christy has pink eye - so we listened to church online and played some.

No comments: