Monday, June 30, 2008

A perfect gift idea

Have you ever been serenaded at 8:30pm by a chorus of three with trumpets and it sounded really nice. No? Well, me neither - but my neighbor did. Take a listen so you can hear what it sounded like in stereo! It was not bad, quite the contrary, but it was totally random. Now that we have had one half a trimester of emersion Spanish, I think that my serenade would look something about like this (thanks Kiki!). For the record, this is MUCH funnier if you are actually in your one semester of Spanish, this is exactly what I know (minus the mistakes and the one french word thrown in.




We had Christmas early this year. There is a missionary couple going back to the states in a couple weeks so we are buying pretty much all their stuff. This last weekend we helped move a majority of their things over to La Palabra de Vida where Matt & Lisa have graciously agreed to store it for us. However, we got to take some of the cool stuff with us now (e.g., some little computer speakers, a mini grill, some plastic drawers, a brita filter, etc). Sure, that does not sound cool - but when you don't have much to begin with - these things are pretty sweet.

Another exciting thing happened today, we've entered the next phase in our GE gas dryer saga. I could not find the parts to convert a methane dryer to propane down here - so I had to have my parents order the parts for me in the states. They then mailed them to me. The good news is, they have arrived! Who would have thought the four tiny pieces you see in the picture could cost so much. The bad news is that I have to use these instructions to install it. So, what do I do from here?

Option 1: Install this baby and dry some clothes
Option 2: Install this thing carefully, then have a fire extinguisher on hand
Option 3: Install this thing, hire someone to run the dryer for a while while I take the kids at least 1/4 mile away from the house.
Option 4: Hire someone to install this.

Well, option 4 is impossible because no one here knows what methane is...so I certainly will not trust them to install the part. Number three does not seem like the missionary way, so....I guess we will proceed with option two or some varient there of.

So Roxana asked me if I liked Tico food and I said 'sure, I like all foods...' I think she may have finally crossed the line here. I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am. Not in a pan, not with a spoon, not in a bowl, not after noon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unless it's ice Cream...Blue Moon!

Kiki said...

Hey Josh, those are NOT green eggs and ham...they're um, BLUE something or other....ah, I know it sounds weird, but every time I see that video (which is often, we are addicted and are trying very hard to memorize it:) I think of you:) I hope it worked with the wife;0 Teehee, the dryer saga continues....

Anonymous said...

Josh - I love this video! I just finally caught up on the blog which I hadn't read since Leah was born - thanks for posting the picture of us =) Man do I look tired in that picture! Anyway - I love reading about all you guys are doing and experiencing! You are in our prayers. I'd love to know how the 2nd semester Spanish love song goes - maybe a project for one of your classes. I'm guessing it would have a lot more past tense verb conjugations and maybe even the subjunctive??
- Kristin

Christy Meyer said...

Josh wouldn't let me post this right away...

The secret to the blue goo: it is something that Sam-I-am (and Elizabeth) love very much. I would not suggest that Josh eat it, though, as he has high blood pressure and it contains 1/2 a cup of salt.

It's playdough.