Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is that bag regulation size or what?

So for our anniversary which was on Monday, Christy bought be a 'goodie' bag of things that would be considered treats down here for me. Snacks mainly. Dorritos (Fiery Habanerno), 2 liters of diet coke, gummy candy, etc. In general, things like that are expensive - at least relative to the states - in Costa Rica. That brings me to Tuesday evening...

As I was finishing nearly the last of the dorritos in the full size bag, I finally got around to reading the back label. There are 14 servings in one bag. Can it be possible that I ate 14 servings in one day? I mean, I'm hardly even up for that long. If you factor in the 7 hours I slept, and the 7 hours I was at school - that only leaves 10 hours of real eat time. Nix 1 hour after each dinner and lunch because I am too full to eat - and that leaves 6 hours. Is it possible that I ate roughly two servings per hour of my beloved dorritos? Surely my body does not feel like it just took in 1750 calories.

Then I remembered...I bought a two bags last week(they met a surpringly similar 1 day demise). That makes 1.5 bags per week. Pretty amazing that 18.75% of my recommended 2000 per day caloric intake was spent on chips. Even more amazing that on a 'per day that I had chips in my pantry' I exceeded my caloric intake by 31.25% on chips alone each day. Does this equate to some sort of addiction? I always thought pringles were the single most dangerous snack...but Fiery Habanero just made it to the top of my list.

Speaking of things that are both spicey and unhealthy - Sammy discovered a combination today. He found that when he mixed Iguana XX Cayene Pepper sauce with his own eye, bad things happen. He kept saying, 'I want ketchup...I want ketchup...' I told him it was not....but he wore me down. I put some on his plate. He ate it. He liked it. He dipped his cucumber in it. He ate more. He was happy. And then....he thought it was SO funny to put his cucumber in his eye. He thought this for about 2 seconds. I've never heard such a shrill scream come from my son. Nor have I ever seen his little legs move so fast as Christy was carrying him to the bathroom to wash his eyes with water and milk. I must admit, I laughed (please don't call child services).

No comments: