Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is this mono? It feels like mono

I've never had mono, but I'm pretty sure if I do in the future it will feel like this. I knew this morning was going to be a bit dicey as I spent all yesterday morning shoveling, lifting, dumping, etc 5 gallon buckets of cement up make-shift stairs and into forms. Matt & Lisa are putting a two story addition onto their house and they had a small army of people to help with moving the cement from the ready mix truck into the forms and the 2nd floor floor pan. I was silly enough to say I'd love to help them. When I combined my Saturday activities with a relative lack of sleep - I figured I'd be pretty sore and wiped today. Well, both of those were true, but actually much worse. I've hardly been able to keep my eyes open most of the day, I have a temperature of about 100, my stomach feels terrible (I've had a bowl of soup and two bites of salad all day), and I've made no less than 15 trips to the bano. Today is a good day indeed. If this stomach bug is like the last one, I might be on my weigh (har-de-har) to fighting in the welter.

On the plus side, as I was loading up the pictures I took on the camera to my computer to post them, I found this one there. Christy must have taken this on Saturday morning when I was over at the befus'. The kids are so cute. Everytime we give them a shower, they always want to be wrapped up like mummies and then rolled out onto the bed. Sammy has taken to saying 'That was a good one!'

I decided to snap a couple shots of our other weekend project. About two weeks ago, we bought a dryer at a warehouse store that sells slightly damaged, but brand new stuff. There was a small ding on the side of the dryer, but it was a great deal and they were willing to deliver - so we got it. When we got home, we plugged it in only to hear the seam on the drum hitting the side of the dryer (bump...bump...bump...).
We were able to take off the side panel and I hamered the main part of the dent out so that it would no longer rub against the drum. You can see where I made a couple ill placed hammer whacks in this picture - but no matter - it got the job done. All we need to do now is figure out how to convert this baby from methane to propane (methane does not exist down here) and get a tank + regulator - and we should be good to go!

To leave everyone with today - the ever present 'water gamble' I think we take. Many missionaries just by big 5 gallon bottles of purified water for all use here. We decided to 'rough it' and just have tap water which is for the most part safe. However, every once in a while the pressure in our water goes down a bit. We ask ourselves 'Is the pressure down....I can't tell....hmm.....should we drink it....' and usually water like you see in this cup starts coming out the tap. I feel the need to enter some kindergarden style joke 'If its brown...put it down.' Maybe THIS is why I feel sick today....

Have a good evening everyone. I'm off to lay in bed - hopefully all night long sleeping.

No comments: