Saturday, June 7, 2008

Giving props where props is due

Christy and I did something on Friday that we had been putting off for a while. Getting our Costa Rican drivers license. I think I may have mentioned earlier I thought we could drive on the US license forever, but that was bad info. That aside, most of the time I write my blogs based on things that I think are odd, silly, stupid or all of the above. Today I'm going to turn a new leaf and just call out how well I thought the Costa Rican process went. The lines moved quickly, people were FRIENDLY (try saying the same thing about the DMV in Illinois) and the whole thing really only took an hour or so. Well done Costa Rica, I salute you.

PS - Yes...Donador does me that I am an organ donor. The guy asked and I was like 'Yeah, I'll be a donor' That's one of those things where you forget you are not in the States where you are pretty sure you'll be taken care of in an accident. Down here, I'm not really sure how that all shakes out. Let's hope the answer to that question does not come back to bite me!

No comments: