Saturday, August 2, 2008

Princess, chorizos (finally!) and a birthday party

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, Lizzy has been being more girl each day. She LOVES all things princess and she loves playing dress up. Although as a guy, I do not fully understand the interworkings of what playing princess are for a little girl - I do get the benefit of seeing her 'shine' when she feels like one. You can see in these two pictures we put her in a dress, let her wear her favorite necklace AND also put in a pony tail. Before we came down here we got her hair chopped because brushing it was a nightmare. It has only been recently that it grew long enough to pull it back. You can see from the two pictures that she is BEAMING because she feels pretty. I guess it will be our job as parents to always remind her feeling pretty leads to acting pretty leads to being pretty. It never really matters what you look like or what you wear - personality and confidence make the person. Even now as I look at these I smile - she is so cute!

I've been trying, unsuccessfully mind you, sense we came down here to grill. Every time I try my coals always go out and I could never figure out why. My new theory is that it is humid enough here that if you use the top to any grill, the coals get choked out. I grilled today without a top and SUCCESS. We got fresh chorizo (NOTE: NOT SALCHICAS) cooked on the grill. I had some fresh pico de gallo made from the morning and we had some wicked good grilling. The best part is that those little sausages are so cheap - It was about $1.50 for the 8 of them you see there. We will certainly be doing this again sometime soon.

The other fun thing we had this week was a birthday party! Roxana's birthday is actually today, but we wanted to do something a little special for her so we had a mini party on Friday. You can see Elizabeth made her a birthday crown which she is wearing. I made brownies in the morning and Christy and I bought her a large photo album - she LOVES photos - and gave her a little money to buy more film or whatever she wants really. Christy and I both though she was really surprised and happy. I glad we were able to brighten her day a little. She does so much for us it is nice to be able to give back.

No comments: