Monday, August 25, 2008

Donde esta la familia Meyer?

Well, sorry for the gigante delay in doing any updates. Last week Christy's parents treated Christy, the kids and I to a week out in Manuel Antonio - which was awesome. We had great fun doing activities from Zip-Lining through the national forest (well...I was at home watching the kids that day, but given my love of high paces...it is for the better), mangrove tours, beach trips, nice eating and many other things. It really was a blessing. Also, I got a crash course in driving a diesel car up a curvey road behind trucks almost stalling out at about 7 kilometers an our. If you listened carefully you could hear me saying...'No no no no no, please don't stall, please don't stall.' Stalling for me or the car in front of me on a steep slope would almost certainly include me rolling into the back of the car behind me as our van emergency brake could not hold the car, our luggage and the passages in place on a 7 degree or more slope. All that being said, we had a great time and we made it home safe.

The last two days have been spent moving from San Francisco de Dos Rios over to San Antonio de Belen. The move went fairly smoothly but it sure was alot of work. It involved multiple trips back and fourth (3 on Sunday) and many hours of unpacking and finding homes for things. In addition, we are having to figure out small details like our washer that we bought earlier now is not working. I think it is either the water pump or the sensor to the water pump - so if you are a repair expert give me a call so we can talk through my issues.

Christy and I CAN NOT BELIEVE that we will be teaching at La Palabra de Vida in seven days. Please pray for us, the students and the school! Also, I start my new class at Covenant Seminary on Thursday. In addition, we will start private tutoring next Monday. Lastly, wes till have not found an empleada to help at our house and with our children. So, we still have many many continued prayer requests.

To end with today (its late and I'm tired)...a few pictures with some comments.

Every monkey we saw was like this. I was pretty sure that the mangrove guide was going to get bit. Afterward, he looked at us and pointed to elizabeth while saying, 'If she was by herself in the jungle, she would be KILLED!'. Lizzy looked slightly scared.





On our mangrove tour we saw bats just like this. Only they were snuggled up under the leaves and sleeping instead of being out on the tree ready to eat your eyes out.








We went to the butterfly garden which I have to admit I was thinking 'Elizabeth better like this dumb thing...' but after I went it was awesome. Our guide was great, the information was amazing, and they had a great reptile park too.



Here is a picture of Christy and her parents before doing zip-linning. At this time, I was home watching high-five on discovery kids with my kids. Just where I wanted to be (honestly). There were some great shots of Christy in action, but I'm sure she would be mad if posted anything before she approved. More to come...

No comments: