Friday, April 25, 2008

Awesome movie....oh wait, its in Spanish

That is how I have felt the last week as I watch TV. I will turn on the TV and see some movie that looks good on TNT or some other channel - get excited - only to be let down because there is some poor voice over a movie I like. I just need to keep telling myself that very soon those shows will be a valuable way for me to continue learning more Spanish.

Totally unrelated to TV - we found out again why all those bars are on the windows. I was talking to my 'big brother' at language school who has been helping us and he told us that last night a couple who was just about ready to graduate from the school turned on their lights in the middle of the evening - and standing in their bedroom was someone who had broken into their house. Praise the Lord that he clearly did not have anything else other than robbery on his mind because he fled in a hurry instead of standing for some sort of a confrontation. The same thing could certainly happen back in the US - I just think it is much more common here. It is a sad thing when you have to start asking yourself 'What would I do if he attacked me...' and 'What are the laws in Costa Rica if someone breaks into your house and has some sort of a fight...' We certainly live in a fallen world.

No comments: