Sunday, September 16, 2007

Settling into Wheaton

Well, Christy and I have been in Wheaton together for two weeks now and I must say it is better being together than being apart. My last two weeks in Richmond were fun as I got to say goodbye to all my friends and close out work at Capital One, but I did miss the family tremendously. Christy has started her job at Wheaton College as an adjunct professor and appears to be settling in nicely. I have given her sound advice on how to fail students properly but she does not seem to be listening - which is probably best for everyone. I've been mainly a stay at home daddy which is a big adjustment for me, but a wonderful (probably once in a life time) opportunity. The kids and I spend alot of time going to parks, museums, the public library, shopping for milk and other activities. I've also been able to try my hand at making several meals including Pad Thai, Red Curry Chicken, Spanish Rice and other meals. I even went shopping at the oriental grocery store for thai egg plants - I got some strange looks and had to search for someone to speak English, but I got the egg plants and they tasted great.

Christy and I had our first get together at the condo today and 7 different folks came. We had great fellowship together and everyone was so supportive of the move to Costa Rica. We've also enjoyed beginning to get plugged into Wheaton Bible Church. We have been going to service and also gotten plugged into a community group there. I'm also looking forward to being in the men's bible study on Thursday mornings and also involved in other capacities (not having a job has the perks of having more time to serve in the body).

Elizabeth and Sammy are doing well. Elizabeth's most common phrases (besides 'Milk Please' and 'Lets go see Nanna and Pappa') is 'Dad, lets go to the park' or 'Dad, I just have to get out of the house.' Sammy has started calling Christy and I 'Hey-dad' and 'Hey-mom' because Elizabeth will say 'Hey Dad....hey dad....hey dad....hey dad....hey dad...' until I answer her. Awesome.

Cristy was able to update many pictures of the kids (click on the link in the upper right) - I highly recommend everyone go take a look. My favorite is with all the cousins plus a few second cousin piled on the couch. I was in Richmond when that picture was taken, and with that many kids under the age of 5 in one area, I am kinda happy about it.

Before I go, I'll leave everyone with this picture. It is a picture of a monkey hugging a bird. I saw this on drudgereport and it is the cutest picture I have ever seen (minus any of my kids of course). Basically, this stray monkey has buddied up with this pigeon, and they are friends for life. Does it get any better than this?












No comments: